Help Students Transform Their Lives
You will make an immediate and lasting impact in the lives of others when you make the commitment to be a volunteer teacher at Literacy Achieves.
Become a Teacher
You do not need to speak a foreign language or have teaching experience. Literacy Achieves provides the curriculum and training. Opportunities are available for morning, afternoon or evening classes.
Time commitment is 2 hours per week for a 12 week or 13 week semester. Volunteer teacher opportunities are available at our Vickery Meadow, ELM-East Dallas and West Dallas locations. Additional volunteers needed for office help, tutoring, registrations, recognitions and other special events.
For more information please contact Liz Harling at or 214.265.5057 ext. 102.
Whether you are with an organization planning a day of service or a small group that want to make a big impact -- Literacy Achieves can provide a meaningful way to volunteer on a project basis.
For more information please contact Liz Harling at or 214.255.5057 ext. 102.
Example Volunteer & Group Projects
The Workforce Literacy Program is offered in the evenings.
- Cleaning in preparation for Semester start
- Assistance with student mailings
- Assembly of Adult student books and materials
- Landscaping Cleaning and Maintenance of facilities
- Painting the outside of Children’s Building
- Supply Drive for Children’s or Adult Program
- Supply Drive for Children and family needs – mittens, scarves, etc.