Help Students Transform Their Lives
You will make an immediate and lasting impact in the lives of others when you make the commitment to be a volunteer teacher at Literacy Achieves.
Become a Teacher
You do not need to speak a foreign language or have teaching experience. Literacy Achieves provides the curriculum and training. Opportunities are available for morning, afternoon or evening classes.
Time commitment is 2 hours per week for a 12 week or 13 week semester. Volunteer teacher opportunities are available at our Vickery Meadow, ELM-East Dallas and West Dallas locations. Additional volunteers needed for office help, tutoring, student registrations and recognition or other special events.
To learn more about volunteer teaching opportunities, contact
214.265.5057 x 114 or
Complete your application online
Whether you are with an organization planning a day of service or a small group that want to make a big impact -- Literacy Achieves can provide a meaningful way to volunteer on a project basis.
For more information please email or 214.265.5057 ext. 114.
Example Volunteer & Group Projects
- Cleaning in preparation for semester start
- Assistance with student mailings
- Assembly of adult student books and materials
- Landscaping, cleaning and maintenance of facilities
- Painting the outside of children’s building
- Supply drive for Children’s or Adult Programs
- Supply drive for children and family needs – mittens, scarves, etc.