Help Students Transform Their Lives
You will make an immediate and lasting impact in the lives of others when you make the commitment to be a volunteer teacher at Literacy Achieves.
Become a Teacher
You do not need to speak a foreign language or have teaching experience. Literacy Achieves provides the curriculum and training. Opportunities are available for morning, afternoon or evening classes.
Time commitment is 2 hours per week for a 12 week or 13 week semester. Volunteer teacher opportunities are available at our Vickery Meadow, ELM-East Dallas and West Dallas locations. Additional volunteers needed for office help, tutoring, student registrations and recognition or other special events.
To learn more about volunteer teaching opportunities, contact
Lynette Williams Austin
214.265.5057 x 114
Attend New Volunteer Orientation
Tuesday, January 14th, 10 AM-12 PM
Whether you are with an organization planning a day of service or a small group that want to make a big impact -- Literacy Achieves can provide a meaningful way to volunteer on a project basis.
For more information please email or 214.265.5057 ext. 114.
Example Volunteer & Group Projects
- Cleaning in preparation for semester start
- Assistance with student mailings
- Assembly of adult student books and materials
- Landscaping, cleaning and maintenance of facilities
- Painting the outside of children’s building
- Supply drive for Children’s or Adult Programs
- Supply drive for children and family needs – mittens, scarves, etc.